One of my husband’s favorite meals is Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. While he loves the leftovers as is, I prefer to turn the leftovers into another meal–Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Day 1-Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 6 TBS butter
- 2/3 C Frank’s Red Hot
- Blue Cheese Dressing (refrigerated brands most recommended, such as Bob’s Big Boy, Litehouse, or Marie Callenders.)
- Scallions, chopped
- 4 Rolls, split
- Sprinkle paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper on chicken. In a pan, heat olive oil, and cook chicken until cooked through.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter, and add Frank’s Red Hot. Stir to combine. Add cooked chicken, and stir until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- To assemble sandwiches, slather Blue Cheese Dressing on rolls, then add the lettuce, chicken, and top with scallions. Serve with Carrot and Celery Sticks.
Day 2-Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb Pizza Dough, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 C Blue Cheese Dressing (refrigerated brands most recommended)
- 1-1.5 C Leftover Buffalo Chicken
- Scallions for sprinkling on top
- 8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put pizza dough on pizza pan, and stretch to form crust. Put crust in the oven 4-6 minutes until dough is set, but not cooked.
- Put blue cheese dressing on pizza dough, cover with mozzarella cheese, then top with buffalo chicken
- Cook 12-15 minutes, until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly
- Top with scallions, cut and serve.