This is one of my favorite summer meals. It’s cold to beat that summer heat, and healthy, since it’s jam packed with fresh fruit. (Sometimes I even add flax meal or wheat germ to make it healthier…but let’s keep that our little secret.) The basic recipe calls for Bananas, Strawberries, and Blueberries. But, we just add whatever we have on hand. Sometimes we use pineapple and coconut to make a tropical blend!
Fresh Fruit Smoothie (adapted from an Emeril Recipe)
- 1 C milk (use coconut milk as dairy substitute)
- 1 C vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream (use vanilla almond milk ice cream as dairy substitute)
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 C fresh strawberries, stem removed
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1-2 C fresh ice
- In a blender, add all ingredients and puree until smooth. Since our blender is smaller, we add everything but the ice, then add the ice once the other ingredients are pureed.
- Fills 3 large glasses…or 2 large glasses and 2 kid’s cups.
Hungry for More? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community!