I love the convenience of pre-chopped garlic, but I rarely, if ever, buy it because it’s so much more expensive than buying a head of garlic for $0.25! So, how excited was I to read about this idea the other day, of making your own containers of pre-chopped garlic??? It’s super easy…and you only need two ingredients!
- Place desired number of garlic cloves in food processor. Process until chopped to desired size.
- Scoop chopped garlic into airtight, sealable container.
- Cover garlic with olive oil.
- Close container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Once garlic is gone, use garlic flavored oil to flavor pasta or salad dressing.
- Note: 1/2 tsp pre-chopped garlic equals one clove.
I made this tonight and it took literally 30 seconds…and I don’t need to bother chopping up garlic for my next recipe…or four!