With Labor Day coming up, corn on the cob is on special at just about every grocery store this week. The lowest price in our area is $0.19/ear, which means I can stock up on corn. I cook the corn in boiling water for around 8 minutes, then cut the kernels off, and freeze in 1 C increments. Each ear gives me about 1/2 C kernels.
Great, now you’ve got tons of corn. What should you do with it? Here are some ideas:
- Use in BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- Use in Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Make a Taco Bowl with Black Beans, Corn, Taco Meat, and Guacamole.
- Make a Corn, Jalapeno and Avocado salsa for topping tacos
- Corn Chowder
- Use in Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Add to Cornbread Mix for delicious cornbread (our family favorite!)
- Add Black Beans and Corn to Cheese Quesadillas
- Corn Pudding
- Use in Shepherd’s Pie
- Add to Chili
- Add to your favorite Stir Fry
What are your favorite ideas for leftover corn?
Hungry for more? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community!