I made a big batch of my favorite black bean recipe tonight. But, besides the usual quesadillas or burritos, here are a few more ideas for using up your black beans:
- Heat up black beans in a small saucepan. Heat up tortilla on a skillet or in the microwave. Place shredded cheese in the middle of heated tortilla, top with a layer of beans. Roll up, and place in a glass baking pan. Continue process. Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce and more shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Top with sliced olives and cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
- So, I haven’t actually tried this recipe for Black Bean Hummus, but it looks good. Serve with pita chips or crunchy veggies.
- This is our favorite chicken tortilla soup recipe. It calls for a can of black beans. Simply sub your homemade beans for the canned.
- This salad uses leftover chicken AND leftover black beans. It doesn’t get easier than that! Plus it’s my husband’s favorite salad!
- This is a take on Chipotle’s rice bowls, but my family enjoys the simplicity of it! Make up some white rice, stir in cilantro and the juice of a small lime. Top with black beans, lettuce, salsa, avocado or guacamole, and chicken or beef, if desired. Serve with a green salad.
Hungry for More? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.