I’m just getting over several months of severe morning sickness. On the several occasions in the previous four months I did cook, I tried to enlist the help of my slow cooker, as well as recipes that required as little prep as possible. This shredded chicken taco recipe has become a family favorite, and it requires less than 10 minutes of prep!
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
(makes 8 tacos)
- 1.5 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (3 large breasts)
- 1 (14 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can Diced Green Chilies
- 1/4 C Taco Seasoning (a 1.25 oz packet)
- 3 TBS chopped Cilantro
- 8 Soft Taco Tortillas
- Taco Fixins such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce
Add Chicken Breasts to Slow Cooker. Combine Tomatoes, Green Chilies, Taco Seasoning, and Cilantro, and pour over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours. Shred chicken and return to crock pot on low for 2 hours.
Assemble into tacos with taco fixins. Serve with black beans and rice or a green salad.
Hungry for more? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.