If you’re stuck in the rut of making the same cookies all the time, try these delicious little morsels of goodness. They’re crispy yet chewy, and full of some of my favorite things. (Insert Julie Andrews song here. Except my rendition would go “Coconut, chocolate, walnuts in cookies…These are a few of my favorite things.”)
“Chock Full of All That Is Good” Cookies (Makes about 48 cookies)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the eggs. In smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, and mix until just blended. Mix in the Rice Krispies, quick oats, coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet using a heaping tablespoon or cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven takes exactly 12 mins and 30 seconds, but it’s old) in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned. Middles will set as cookies cool.
I usually have most of the ingredients for these cookies on hand, but feel free to add or substitute as you want. Try different cereals, nuts, or chips!
Come Join our Facebook Community For More Recipes and Money Saving Tips!