I’m excited to share one of our new family favorite recipes. It is an accomplishment indeed when both kids lick their plates (in this case bowls) clean!
It’s also very fast, easy, and requires pretty basic ingredients. Score, score, and score! Serve with a loaf of crusty french bread for a filling and delicious meal!
Quick and Easy Tortellini Soup (serves 4)
adapted from The Best 30-Minute Recipe
-1 carton (32 ounces) chicken stock
-2 bay leaves
-1/2 onion, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
-1 package (9 oz) fresh refrigerated tortellini (note: frozen tortellini doesn’t work well in this recipe. I purchased Trader Joes fresh cheese tortellini.)
-8 oz fresh spinach (chopped or baby)
-salt and pepper to taste
-parmesan cheese for serving
- In a stock pot, bring the chicken stock and bay leaves to a boil.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in a little oil until onions are soft and translucent, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the cooked onion and garlic into boiling chicken stock, and add the tomato sauce.
- Dump tortellini into the stock pot, and cook until tortellini is hot and cooked through, about 5 minutes (or according to package directions.)
- Take off heat, and stir in spinach.
- Remove bay leaves (which I always forget to do!) Season with salt and pepper, and finish with parmesan cheese for serving.
Tell Me…Do you like soup for dinner? What is your favorite recipe?
Browse our family favorite recipes here!