I made Chili this week, and wanted something different than my other ideas for leftover chili, so I came up with this Leftover Chili Tortilla Pie. It was SO easy, and so good. Both kids loved it, and so did I. (My husband likes everything.)
Okay folks, this is seriously simple. I’m a little embarrassed at how easy it comes together, but that’s what makes it beautiful. (And the Frito topping. That makes it beautiful too.)
Leftover Chili Tortilla Pie
-4.5 C leftover chili
-4 flour tortillas
-1.5 C shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
-1 C crushed Fritos (I buy the organic Trader Joes variety because they’re less greasy)
-Lime wedges, Avocado slices, and Sour Cream for serving
1. Start by putting 1/2 C leftover chili on the bottom of a greased 8×8 pan (I had to use a 9×9 since my 8×8 was dirty and handwashing is my nemesis.)
2. Add 2 tortillas (I like the double layer so it doesn’t get soggy).
3. Add 2 C of chili on top of the tortillas, and top with 1/2 C shredded cheese.
4. Layer again. 2 tortillas, 2 C chili, 1/2 C shredded cheese.
5. Finish by sprinkling 1 C crushed Fritos on the top.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Let sit for 5 minutes, cut, and serve with lime wedges, avocado slices, and sour cream.
Like This Recipe? Join my Facebook Community!