I love a good bowl of chili. It’s comfort food but it’s not so heavy that I can’t enjoy it on a summer evening. The Chili recipe I’ve been using for years requires 8+ hours in the crock pot, but this recipe I’m sharing with you today is done in only an hour…perfect for those last minute cravings. Plus, you can use the leftovers in a variety of meals, so it stretches your wallet a bit too!
Easy Weeknight Beef Chili
- 1.5 lb ground beef (I use the Costco organic ground beef which comes in packages of 1.33 lbs, and that works just fine.)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 C salsa (this does make a difference…use your favorite brand.)
- 3 TBS Chili Seasoning (recipe HERE)
- 2 (15 oz) cans beans…kidney, black, pinto, or any combination thereof
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot or large saucepan, cook the ground beef over medium heat along with the onion and bell pepper until meat is cooked through. Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add tomato sauce, salsa, chili (or taco) seasoning and beans. Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with corn chips, sour cream, green onions, and cheese.