10. They are the envy of all other children who do not have the ability to stick things to their heads.
“Why yes, I do have a magnetic personality.”
9. You don’t have to worry about vacuuming while they sleep.
Or, you’ve ever accidentally woken up someone else’s sleeping child because you forgot they can hear. Oops.
8. You have your own secret language.
To some, an Audi is a car. To us, they have magical sound powers. Both cost about the same.
7. If there’s ever bad language in a movie, you can pull his ears off.
Uh oh. He can lipread…
6. Every other cochlear implant family is an instant friend.
They just “get it”.
5. You have a reason to smile every single day.
“Mommy” is the most beautiful word you’ll ever hear.
4. They can take their ears off whenever they want.
Husbands have been begging for this technology for centuries.
3. You’ve gotten really good at responding to
dumb strange questions.
“Why yes, our toddler has her own Bluetooth for all her business calls.”
2. You have to laugh at some of the things that come out of your mouth.
“Don’t you dare throw your ears out the window!”
“Your ear is stuck to the refrigerator.”
“Please get me a pair of tongs. Someone threw their ears behind the bed.”
“Why are you beeping?”
1. Your deaf child can HEAR!
It hasn’t been easy, but they’ve come so far, and so have you. From diagnosis day until now, they have worked hard, overcome, and become an inspiration. They’re your super hero.