We have chickens. A lot of chickens. So this means we get eggs. A lot of eggs. Tater isn’t a fan of scrambled eggs and Captain loathes hard boiled eggs, and I have terrible luck making quiche, so I’ve had to explore options for different egg dishes that make everyone happy.
We usually make French toast or pancakes for breakfast once a week (there is always enough leftover for a couple of days), and omelets for dinner one night a week. But, we’re kind of omeleted out, so I turned my thoughts to other satisfying breakfast-for-dinner meals.
Enter the Breakfast Sandwich. Simple yet glorious. The sum of perfection from all it’s individual parts. Salty, crisp bacon. Melty, gooey cheddar cheese. A soft, peppery farm fresh egg. Finally, a fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth biscuit holding everything together. Yep. It’s pretty close to heaven.
I’ve made these sandwiches using several different types of bread…sourdough toast, torta rolls, croissants, and buttermilk biscuits, and the biscuits seem to get the highest approval rating in our house. Make your own (I use this recipe) or storebought (I like Trader Joes brand the best). Serve with a fresh fruit cup for a perfect anytime meal.
“It’s Gonna Be a Great Day” Breakfast Sandwiches
- 8 Eggs
- 8 Slices cooked bacon, cut in half
- 1 C Shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Buttermilk Biscuits, storebought or homemade
- Butter for frying pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt a pat of butter in a frying pan set at medium low heat, and crack 4 eggs into it.
- Break the yolks with a fork, and cook until set. Flip eggs, and continue to cook until yolks are cooked through.
- Fold eggs onto themselves a couple times, and cut eggs in half.
- Remove to plate and cut eggs into two equal pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each egg section with a 1/4 C shredded cheese.
- Place biscuits and bacon on a foil lined sheet in a 300 degree oven for 3-5 minutes or until warmed.
- Slice biscuits in half. Place one egg/cheese section on each biscuit bottom, top with bacon and cover with top biscuit half.
- Serve with a fruit cup and repeat tomorrow morning or for dinner tonight!
Browse all my Family Favorite Recipes