Last month I experimented with a monthly menu plan rather than my usual weekly menu plan. It actually worked pretty well–better than I was expecting, so I decided to plan a monthly menu for February as well. I know it’s already the 9th, but we were gone all last week (more on that in another post), so I’ll start with today and have 3 weeks to plan instead of 4.
I try to clean out my freezer regularly so I always keep things fresh, and here’s what I plan to use from my freezer this month:
Fruit and Vegetables
Assorted Frozen Fruit
Homemade Precooked Meals
Spanish Brown Rice
In addition, we are getting about 18 eggs a week from our chickens, so I have one meal every week that uses eggs as the main protein. I just purchased some organic chicken breasts, organic ground beef, and bacon at Costco. What I don’t use this week, I will put in the freezer for future meals.
Since I like having options, I’ve been planning 6 meals for the week, and choosing which day gets which meal depending on what I feel like, time, appointments, etc. One night a week I either prepare something simple (sandwiches, frozen pizza, leftovers, etc), or have take out.
February’s Monthly Menu:
Week of 2/9-2/15
- Breakfast Burritos, Fresh Fruit
- Chicken Nachos with Black Beans
- Chicken Tacos, Mexican Brown Rice, Black Beans
- Burger Sliders with Spicy Mayo, Baked Fries, Fresh Fruit
- Chili and Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes, Chili, Bacon, Steamed Broccoli
Week of 2/16-2/22
- French Toast and Fresh Fruit
- Spaghetti, French Bread, Green Salad
- BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Chips
- BBQ Shredded Pork with Coleslaw over Corncakes
- Beef Stew and Biscuits
- Beef Stew and Biscuits (this is always better the next day!)
Week of 2/23-3/1